Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 59: More layouts of TrainerExpress and more contacts from hiring managers

Boy it's hard to get "plugged in" to my project when I'm constantly getting emails and phone calls from recruiters and hiring managers.

Tomorrow I have a phone interview with a fitness app startup in Seattle for a full-stack Rails dev. I hope they don't ask too many theoretical technical questions and instead ask me to do code challenges. I'm not quite up to par with all these different tech vocab words and need to brush up on it well. My first tech interview screen kicked my butt as I didn't know a lot of these terms. This is actually the type of company I do work for so I hope I do well!

Other than that I've been just doing some last steps making sure that my project will be good for Demo Day. Tomorrow is the last day and we're just going to show each other the projects that we've been working on. I'll still be around for the "residency program" where you can stick around the dojo and keep working on your project, assignments or whatever it is you're working on. I think about 4 more students in my cohort are doing the same.

These last 3 months have gone a lot quicker than expected. I've learned so much and am ready to enter the workforce. I just gotta make sure I can convey that to recruiters and hiring managers!

No comments:

Post a Comment