Sunday, May 25, 2014

Week 2 Weekend: jQuery Mobile

I was coding a little bit over the weekend just to get familiar with jQuery Mobile. Nothing too intensive as I took Michael Choi's word to get plenty of rest.

I started on my idea of doing and interval training timer.


It turns out figuring out how to get the actual clock to work on the device was a little more complicated than I expected. I didn't want to spend too much time trying to figure it all out, so I just worked on the layout, implemented cool page transitions, and made sure I understood how to deploy an app.

What you might notice about the code above is that it's all one page. Although my app may seem like its moving from page to page, it actually a one-page code. The transitions move the screen from one <div data-role="page"> to another.


And here is my first draft of the page. Pretty nifty. It works on tablets as well. I felt like it was good enough just to test it out and make sure that it works. First I push my files to github and I link it with build.phonegap.com. What they do on that website is they take whatever repository you choose and make it available for download.


I scanned the QR code you see on the right side of the picture and tested it out and it works pretty well! Kind of laggy though but it works!


So that's it for coding this weekend. Gonna take the rest of the night off and gear up for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment