Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 21: More CodeIgniter MVC and DataMapper ORM

Repetition. Repetition. Repetition.

Today I began tackling an assignment that took much longer than I expected. We were to create an entire functioning Facebook-like application with login/registration, dashboard, administrative privileges, ability to edit your profile, personal walls where users can post message and leave comments.

The amount of features that it has really became overwhelming and exhausting. Not to mention my messed-up sleep schedule due to the hackathon. I even ended up taking a one-hour nap to recharge my brain.


Here is the giant wireframe that encompassed the entire assignment.

One of the mottos of Coding Dojo is "strength through struggle". That didn't resonate more true than today. It wasn't necessarily the individual features that were tedious but the sheer number of them and making sure that they all work without breaking each other was the challenge. But the days I struggle the most are the days when I learn the most. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment