Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 22: Finishing up CodeIgniter and DataMapper and Intro to Ajax

Alright so I finally finished up that long assignment. I can't believe how long it took me. Assignments never take more than a day to finish but boy was this one a challenge. It was mostly difficult because of the way DataMapper is set up. Because the nature of ORMs are to simplify things according to standard, it leaves little room for flexibility. I was attempting to retrieve user information, connected it with the messages that are posted on that user's wall, and connect it with the user that posted it. Because I was referencing the user's table twice it was super difficult. After 4 hours of trying to solve this issue and with the help of Michael Choi I finally got it to work.


Coding can be downright difficult but I never felt a greater "high" after finishing this project.

After doing Codeigniter MVC all week, I decided it was time to move on to the next topic even though there was still one more optional assignment in that section.

Up next is Ajax! The technology behind Google giving you suggestions on what to search. The ability to see your new posted comment on Facebook without having to reload. Ajax is the whole reason why we have Web 2.0, the new way to make web applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment