Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 27: More advanced Javascript

This morning started off with a really short lecture by one of the TAs. He just went over SVG and Canvas elements that allow developers to draw shapes on the browser.

When I went back to my computer, I was pleasantly surprised with an email from one of the remote TAs. She went over my code that I submitted yesterday!


It's just a brief 2 minute video, but it was awesome that she pointed out certain things about my code so that I maintain clean code.

We are really diving into what javascript can do in the browser, especially when it comes to shapes and games.

Here is a rendered view of my code in which I have generated 500 circles of random size and colors.


Pretty neat stuff especially since I can animate them and detect when they collide.


Above is a snapshot of my code that generated these circles.

I have gone through about 90% of the Javascript fundamentals all that remains are the optional work where I can do more advanced algorithms. Once I finish those up, I'll be starting Node.js, the hottest topic in development right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment