Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 24: More Ajax

Today was more Ajax in a lot more complicated situations.

I honestly thought I wasn't going to have much trouble but I had a lot of difficulty applying concepts in different contexts.

The first challenge I experienced today was getting functions to work on dynamically added content. After working for 2 hours and with a help of a classmates, I realized I needed to have my jQuery listeners constantly on rather than just having them on the DOM load. It's so funny how I thought this was solidified on my head about 2 months ago. But I guess it wasn't solid enough. I hope it is now!


 Below is just a quick snapshot of my Ajax call displaying a "ghetto" loading message while my server is retrieving the necessary information from the database.


Today was another stressful day trying to get a wealth of knowledge shoved into my brain. But there really isn't a bigger high of figure it out when you're all done.

Tomorrow I'll be learning APIs and also be taking the Red Belt exam which will test my skills in PHP and Codeigniter MVC. The test is building a 3-4 page web application with login/registration as well as numerous other features. After seeing MVC for so long now, I don't feel too worried about it. I'm very excited for next week where we'll be learning Javascript and the hottest topic on the market, NODE!

No comments:

Post a Comment