Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 31: More express.io

Last weekend I tried to force myself not too look at too much code so I won't get burned out this week and... I failed. I ended up working on some personal ideas but I made sure not to dive back into express.io until Monday(today).


Above is an example of users each an individual box where they can type in a message in the box and the text will be transmitted to all users. (Each browser acts as a new user, notice one is Safari and the other is Chrome). This allows for real-type typing as all users on the server can see the typing real time.


The next assignment is a pretty similar one in which there is a conversation board that users can log into. For each new session, the browser will only ask for your name once. If you visit the site again, you don't need to retype in your name as the server remembers your sessionID. Furthermore, the previous information is saved in the server and can be loaded up for all new users to see after logging in.

I've pretty much learned a significant amount of functionality with express.io. The only thing that I don't know yet is how to implement a database to this. Whenever the server is restarted, all the previous information is gone so it's important for me to learn how to keep the data persistent.

Tomorrow I'll be learning MongoDB, a no SQL database, so that I can connect information to these programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment