Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 26: Start of Javascript track

I took the weekend to spend some time with my family and take a step back from all the coding madness. All I did were some exercises to get my brain primed for Javascript.

First thing I want to show everyone is that I passed my PHP MVC exam. I elected to take the Red Belt exam which bypasses the green belt.


I'm able to get my black belt in as soon as 3 weeks after I master Javascript and all that it entails.


If you didn't know already, Coding Dojo teaches fast. I mean really really fast. Here we are on our first day of javascript and we're already talking about Callbacks. Which are essentially a function being passed as a parameter to a function. It's not easy to visualize functions as a variable you pass especially as a beginner. It doesn't initially make sense as a beginner.

But luckily for me with Javascript practically being my first language, I had a lot of exposure to this topic.


Above is just some lines of code that is for a little Ninja game that was part of our assignment.


We have my little ninja character moving around the screen controlled by the arrow keys on my computer. This reminded me a lot of pokemon haha. Now I understand how they got Ash to move around. Alrighty that's about it for today, tomorrow I'll be diving into more complex topics of Javascript before I start learning Javascript on the server side.

No comments:

Post a Comment