Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 39: Black Belt Exam

Still not feeling 100% today but much better than yesterday. The exam is scheduled to start at 1pm so I took the morning to lightly review node and express. We have Ruby on Rails as our next topic so I definitely want to do well on the javascript exam before moving on.

Vision was still a little foggy and nose was stuffed up, but when 1 o'clock exam started, I got in "the zone". I really enjoy that feeling when you're able to tune out everything around you and focus all your energy on the task at hand. Our exam was to create an application where users can create polls and vote on them where the information will be broadcasted real-time to all clients connected to the server. I finished the 4 hour exam in about 2 hours. I'm pretty confident that I passed the exam. At the time I felt like I did everything correct, but now looking back I feel like there were some features I could've done better.


Here is a little glimpse of my work station. Got my code, browser, console, and assignment. What was once a convenience is now a necessity. I literally cannot code without 3 screens. Haha.

Since tomorrow is the 4th of July, we aren't required to come in. But I know that some of my classmates are to work on their projects. I'll probably start working on learning Ruby on Rails at home and make sure I get this sickness fully out of my system. It's been a rough week...

No comments:

Post a Comment