Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 53: Meeting with Recruiter, Wireframe approval, building Front-End of Project

Once again I woke up to phone calls from Recruiters starting at 8AM. Those ones are usually from the East Coast. The number one skill that is in highest demand is Angular. I have gotten 90% of my calls because I have Angular listed on my resume. The other 10% were simply Front-End Development. At around 9:30 I got a call from a recruiter who's office was about 3 minutes away from where I lived so I went ahead and scheduled a meeting with him.

The meeting was surprisingly good. There really are a lot of opportunities out there. The recruiters wanted to push my application forward but it's difficult when I don't have any projects live. I really need to make progress on my projects so that's exactly what I did today.

First things first I wanted my personal website up and running even though I'm not 100% satisfied with it. I already had a domain from GoDaddy and hosted my site using HostMonster. It can be found at www.tedwhang.com

It's also responsive!



In the picture below I have my wireframe and my rough draft of my rendered code. I didn't want to over spend time figuring out the design as there might be some changes when implementing the back-end. I'll definitely be retouching the front-end repeatedly throughout the development process.


After a good days of building the front-end and making sure that my wireframe is approved, I decided to spend the rest of my time figuring out what I'll aim to accomplish tomorrow.

It's ambitious but I want to build all necessary functions tomorrow.


Enough talking about me all the time. Here a quick snapshot of a project one of my classmates is doing. It's a javascript game where the characters are based off of the Legend of Zelda.


I love how Coding Dojo doesn't restrict you from building what you want. Whatever interests you and will put you in the best position to go whatever direction you desire is what you can build. There are no limits here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment