Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 41: Finishing up Ruby

The results from the exam last Thursday came in and I passed the Black Belt Exam!


I didn't pass with flying colors but the mistakes that I did make were easily fixable.

Now that I have the javascript stack behind me, it's time to tackle Ruby on Rails.

After priming my brain over the weekend, I really cruised through the whole Ruby section. I really like all the cool stuff you can do on Rails. For example you can use a selector in a parameter which allows you to submit a varying number of parameters when calling a function.


It is quite frustrating sometimes when using a new language especially when you're trying to do something as simple as a for-loop. But with any new language it'll come with time and exposure.


Here is an assignment that I particularly enjoyed. We were to override functions that are built into Ruby and simple re-create them. It showed us that all built-in functions are just a combination of basic functions that we know very well.

After zooming through the Ruby portion, it's time to tackle Rails!

No comments:

Post a Comment