Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 49: Rails Black Belt Exam

After finishing the Test-Driven Development portion of the curriculum. I figured I was ready to take the Rails Black Belt exam and become a "Double Black Belt".

The Exam was to build what I thought was a modest application, but as I made my way making the application, it turned out to be much more complicated than expected.

The application was a money-lending platform in which users can register and log-in as a lender or borrower. Every time a lender decides to lend money to a borrower it would automatically update on both user homepages. It seems relatively simple but there were many features that to it that it took me much longer than any other exam I've taken.

Nevertheless I think I passed but we'll see about the results when they do come in! Up next I will be doing a little bit of Heroku (which I actually have a lot of experience with when I did Michael Hartl's Ruby on Rails tutorial) and start my job searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment