Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 51: Final Resume and Build Online Profile Presence

First off I got my Rails Black Belt exam result and... I barely didn't pass. Yikes. To be honest, I got a little too cocky with that exam. I'll be taking another Rails belt exam at the end of this week and I'll be sure to double and triple check. I think my brain was also too exhausted from all the coding. Gotta make sure that my brain is ready next time.

But on to a more positive note, Michael Choi took a look at my resume. After making some minor formatting changes it was time to unleash my resume to online profiles. I have updated my LinkedIn, created a CareerBuilder, Dice, etc. and am seeing what kind of opportunities recruiters bring. In less than one day, I've already received 1 email and 2 phone calls from recruiters. Unfortunately, none of them are what I'm looking for because these opportunities are on the East Coast but that's okay. I expect to get recruiter phone calls all the time.

I found it difficult to work on my project so instead I decided to work on my personal website.


Not quite something I'd be proud enough to put online but it's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment