Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 50: Rails (deployment with Heroku) and writing my new resume

Deployment is simply a breeze with Heroku! Kind of too easy that it's scary. All you really need to do in a Rails application is change your database to Postgres, make a Heroku account, type in some things in the Terminal an voila your app is now hosted. Now you just gotta point your domain and you're all set to go.


Above is the beautiful UI that Heroku has to see all the applications you have uploaded. The funky name are done by default so that there isn't any conflicts with names.


Well I'm actually done with the curriculum of Coding Dojo! I mastered PHP (Codeigniter), Javascript (MEAN stack), and Ruby on Rails.

Now that I've gotten the necessary skills, it's time for me to start doing what I came here for: to find a developer job.

Michael Choi as well as other classmates who have a lot of experience in the industry and have seen a lot of resumes each took a look at my resume. I received a lot of great criticism of my old one and have created a new one (not quite finished yet).


I plan on iterating on it by constantly making adjustments until it's something that I'm proud to send to hiring managers and recruiters. For now I'm going to leave this resume alone and have more people take a look at it on Monday. Until then it's time for me to work on my personal projects!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment