Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 52: Recruiters and Project Wireframes

First thing I was to state is that yesterday I posted my updated resume to a website called Dice and I have literally received 6 calls from different recruiters. Literally one call every hour this morning from 8 to noon and 2 more in the afternoon.

Some of them really had poor English skills and it was difficult to communicate with them. I definitely don't want to work with them but I was polite as they might end up having some opportunities that I'll be really interested in.

I didn't really have any live projects up so it was difficult to get to the next step but the recruiters just wanted to get to know me and my background and see how they can help me get employed.

After all is said and done, I am still surprised by the shear number of people that called me.


I must say I was pretty lazy and sluggish this week but all these calls really built a sense of urgency to start working on those darn projects!!!


I have two applications in mind: One is a textbook marketplace app and another one is a personal trainer app.

Here is a quick wireframe of the personal trainer app:


Michael Choi wants to take a look at everyone's wireframes before we start so that we don't run into dumb roadblocks or mistakes.

I'll be continuing my app building so that I have something to show hiring managers!

No comments:

Post a Comment