Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week 10 wknd: Beginning of Rails project (TextBookSnap.com)

Today I seriously started working on my application that demonstrates my Rails knowledge and skills.

I'm creating an application where students can buy and sell textbooks.
Some features I want to add are:
1. Ability to see what the current market is buying and selling the books for.
2. Sign in using Facebook (oAuth)
3. Search functionality

But first things first, I need to make an app where users can log in and post books that they want to sell.


Here is a quick glimpse of my work station. I have my models and checklist on the whiteboard while my code and rendered pages are on the screens.

I came in on this Sunday just to get the wheels rolling and map out what I was going to this whole week. I have most of the user RESTful routes working and login/registration finished. Tomorrow I'll be working on getting the ability for books to be uploaded and displayed on user's homepages and whatever else I can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment